Participants are invited to submit papers in the areas related to the conference sub-themes outlined below. We expect contributions from a variety of disciplines including design, engineering, economy, policy-making and sociology. The conference is structured around four main themes that include:
- Research on Sustainable Energy for All (RSE4A): new advancements and knowledge contributions on sustainable energy systems design and implementation.
- Education on Sustainable Energy for All (ESE4A): experiences on teaching & learning on sustainable energy systems (in higher education and lifelong learning).
- Practice on Sustainable Energy for All (PSE4A): best practices of sustainable energy systems.
- Dilemma – Design, development and sustainability: Where are the challenges? What are the new Research Hypothesis? What constitutes ‘access’? What are the commercial potentials? How does education play a role and who are the learners/students? Where and what are the emerging technologies and training opportunities? Who are the actors and what are their roles for a sustainable society and more in general sustainable development?
More info on themes and sub-themes in About the conference.
– Call for extended abstracts: registrations open 30 January 2016
– Deadline for submission of extended abstracts:
20 February – Extended to 15 March
– Notification of accepted abstracts:
10 March – 5 April
– Deadline for submission of full papers:
30 May – 15 June
– Notification of reviews:
30 June 2016 – 15 July
– Conference dates: 28-30 September 2016
Authors will need to register through the Politecnico portal in order to submit abstracts and full papers.
Extended abstracts should be up to 1500 words and should be structured as following:
- Practical implications
Full papers should be up to 5000 words, excluding abstracts and references, and should be structured according to the full paper template.
All submissions must be in the English language.
Papers will be selected through a blind review process conducted by an international review panel. Extended abstracts must be submitted without indicating authors’ names and institutions.
Download the Call for Papers document here.